Welcome to the Applied Microeconomics Cluster at the University of St Andrews
The Applied Microeconomics Cluster is part of the Department of Economics in the University of St Andrews Business School and also brings together researchers from around the University of St Andrews. Our research interests comprise all areas of applied microeconomics, including labor, development, health, public finance, education, immigration, and economic history.
- Our weekly applied microeconomics seminar meets on Thursdays at 3 pm UK time. If you would like to added to the seminar E-mail list, please contact David Jaeger.
- The Third Annual Scotland and Northern England Conference in Applied Microeconomics will be held on 7-8 May 2024 at Crieff Hydro Hotel. Professor Susan Dynarski (Harvard) will deliver the keynote address. The submission deadline is 15 February 2024. Click here to submit a paper.
- David Escamilla-Guerrero and Lorenzo Neriand have been appointed as Research Affiliates at the Institute for Labor Economics (IZA) in Bonn, Germany. They join David Jaeger, who is a long-time Research Fellow at IZA.
- Margaret Leighton and David Escamila-Guerrero presented papers at the joint Royal Economic Society/Scottish Economic Society conference in Glasgow on 3-5 April 2023. David Jaeger was programme co-chair as well as a participant in a special session on Replication and Research Transparency in Empirical Research.
- David Jaeger has been elected as a member of the Royal Economic Society Council. He is also a ex officio member of the Scottish Economic Society Council.
Applied Microeconomics Cluster Staff
- Professor David A. Jaeger, School of Economics and Finance
- Dr David Escamilla-Guerrero, Lecturer, School of Economics and Finances
- Dr Margaret Leighton, Senior Lecturer, School of Economics and Finance
- Dr Irina Merkurieva, Lecturer, School of Economics and Finance
- Dr Lorenzo Neri, Lecturer School of Economics and Finance
- Dr Vibhor Saxena, Lecturer (Education Focused), School of Economics and Finance
Graduate Students and Staff in Other Schools
- Dr Isaure Delaporte, Research Fellow, School of Geography and Sustainable Development
- Francesca Chiaradia, PhD Student, School of Economics and Finance
- Ciarán Mac Domhnaill, PhD Student, School of Economics and Finance
- Kairat Umargaliyev, PhD Student, School of Economics and Finance