Welcome to the Applied Microeconomics Group at the University of St Andrews
The Applied Microeconomics Group brings together researchers from around the University of St Andrews. Our research interests comprise all areas of applied microeconomics, including labor, development, health, public finance, education, immigration, and economic history.
- The Applied Microeconomics Group is sponsoring the Inaugural Scotland and Northern England Workshop in Applied Microeconomics at the Crieff Hydro Hotel on 19-20 April 2022. Professor Lindsey Macmillan of University College London and Director of the Centre for Education Policy and Equalising Opportunities there will deliver the keynote address entitled “Inequalities in Opportunities Across Childhood and Beyond.” The program can be found here.
- Our weekly applied microeconomics seminar meets on Thursdays at 3 pm UK time. In Spring 2022 the seminar will be a mix of in-person and online seminars, with in-person seminars live streamed. If you would like to added to the seminar E-mail list, please contact David Jaeger.
- Sir Richard Blundell delivered a public lecture on “Inequality and the COVID Crisis,” on 16 March 2022 in School III, St Salvator’s Quad. Professor Sevi Rodriguez-Mora (University of Edinburgh) and Professor David A. Jaeger (University of St Andrews) gave commentary. Professor Blundell answered a variety of insightful questions from staff and students in the audience.
- Our recent (since 2020) publications and working papers can be found here.
- Professor David A. Jaeger, School of Economics and Finance
- Dr Antonella Bancalari, Lecturer School of Economics and Finance
- Dr David Escamilla-Guerrero, Lecturer, School of Economics and Finances
- Dr Margaret Leighton, Lecturer, School of Economics and Finance
- Dr Irina Merkurieva, Lecturer, School of Economics and Finance
- Dr Lorenzo Neri, Lecturer School of Economics and Finance
- Dr Vibhor Saxena, Lecturer (Education Focused), School of Economics and Finance
- Dr Isaure Delaporte, Research Fellow, School of Geography and Sustainable Development
- Ciarán Mac Domhnaill, PhD Student, School of Economics and Finance
- Kairat Umargaliyev, PhD Student School of Economics and Finance