Welcome to the Applied Microeconomics Group at the University of St Andrews
The Applied Microeconomics Group brings together researchers from around the University of St Andrews. Our research interests comprise all areas of applied microeconomics, including labor, development, health, public finance, education, immigration, and economic history.
- Our weekly applied microeconomics seminar meets on Thursdays at 3 pm UK time. Most seminars in Spring 2023 will be in person, but all will be live-streamed. If you would like to added to the seminar E-mail list, please contact David Jaeger.
- Lorenzo Neri was recently awarded a New Investigator Grant from the ESRC in the amount of approximately £300,000. He is Co-PI with Ludovica Gazzè (Warwick) for the project “Should They Stay or Should They Go? Environmental Quality, Mobility, and Children’s Opportunities”.
- David Escamila-Guerrero was one of three finalists for the 2022 Dissertation Prize for recent PhDs and was invited to give a lecture at the World Economic History Congress of the International Economic History Association in Paris.
- David Jaeger will be Co-Programme Chair with Rebecca Riley (Kings College London) for the joint Royal Economic Society / Scottish Economic Society Annual Meeting to be held in Glasgow 3-5 April 2023.
- Our recent (since 2020) publications and working papers can be found here.
- Professor David A. Jaeger, School of Economics and Finance
- Dr David Escamilla-Guerrero, Lecturer, School of Economics and Finances
- Dr Margaret Leighton, Senior Lecturer, School of Economics and Finance
- Dr Irina Merkurieva, Lecturer, School of Economics and Finance
- Dr Lorenzo Neri, Lecturer School of Economics and Finance
- Dr Vibhor Saxena, Lecturer (Education Focused), School of Economics and Finance
- Dr Isaure Delaporte, Research Fellow, School of Geography and Sustainable Development
- Francesca Chiaradia, PhD Student, School of Economics and Finance
- Ciarán Mac Domhnaill, PhD Student, School of Economics and Finance
- Kairat Umargaliyev, PhD Student, School of Economics and Finance