Welcome to the Applied Microeconomics Group at the University of St Andrews
The Applied Microeconomics Group brings together researchers from around the University of St Andrews. Our research interests comprise all areas of applied microeconomics, including labor, development, health, public finance, education, immigration, and economic history.
The Applied Microeconomics Group is sponsoring the Inaugural Scotland and Northern England Workshop in Applied Microeconomics at the Crieff Hydro Hotel on 19-20 April 2022. Professor Lindsey Macmillan of University College London and Director of the Centre for Education Policy and Equalising Opportunities there will delivery the keynote address. The deadline for submitting an abstract or paper is 15 December 2021. Professor Nils Braakmann (Newcastle) and our Professor David Jaeger are the workshop organizers.
Our weekly applied microeconomics seminar meets on Thursdays at 3 pm (usually) UK time. The seminar will meet virtually on Zoom again in Fall 2021. If you would like to added to the seminar E-mail list, please contact David Jaeger.
Our recent (since 2020) publications and working papers can be found here.
- Professor David A. Jaeger, School of Economics and Finance
- Dr Antonella Bancalari, Lecturer School of Economics and Finance
- Dr David Escamilla-Guerrero, Lecturer, School of Economics and Finances
- Dr Margaret Leighton, Lecturer, School of Economics and Finance
- Dr Irina Merkurieva, Lecturer, School of Economics and Finance
- Dr Lorenzo Neri, Lecturer School of Economics and Finance
- Dr Isaure Delaporte, Research Fellow, School of Geography and Sustainable Development
- Ciarán Mac Domhnaill, PhD Student, School of Economics and Finance
- Kairat Umargaliyev, PhD Student School of Economics and Finance